05.10.2021 Full Time (40h/w) – Limited for 1 year (extension t.b.d.)
Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
€ 2,800* gross/month
IST Austria is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, and the life and physical sciences. We recruit passionate professionals from all over the world and from all fields who support our goals of excellence in research and science management. Located on a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer numerous opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment.
IST Austria strives to make the fascinating spirit of research accessible to children, teenagers, adults and school teachers who are not actively involved in science on an everyday basis. All activities of IST Austria in this field are under the strategic guidance of the Vice President for Science Education for the purpose of communicating scientific contents, as well as the importance and impact of science for society. The development and the launch of our Science Experience Center (VISTA), which will house several exhibitions as well as a scientific educational program, will support this cause.
• Continuing the process of positioning VISTA (from conceptual design to production as well as realization of
exhibitions) in close cooperation with our scientists
• Developing a concept for (digital) media and coordination of their production
• Proactive project management until the opening of VISTA (tender process, organization of project meetings, project
reporting, budget control, ...)
• Acting as interface between our scientists, the science education team and the Vice President for Science
• Establishing national and international cooperations with museums
• Taking over and supporting other projects related to the launch of VISTA
• Professional experience in exhibition planning and production; a focus on (natural) science and technology is an
• Completed studies in exhibition design/management, science technology or in natural/formal sciences
• High level of project management skills; knowledge of the legal framework is advantageous
• Excellent communication skills in English and German
• Structured way of working to keep an overview even in complex projects
• Solution-oriented approach and hands-on mentality
• Team player who proactively involves and cooperates with colleagues
• Education & training
• Free shuttle bus
• Multiple health offers
• Pension insurance
To submit your application, please e-mail
* This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the law. For more information, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.