07.04.2021 Join us in telling the fascinating history of football!
The FIFA World Football Museum in Zurich offers unique heritage, fascinating stories, multimedia and interactive attractions, exciting information and special memories. With exceptional exhibitions and our thought-provoking cultural and educational programmes, the home of football history is a lively meeting place for fans and visitors of all ages from all over the world.
To enhance our team, we are looking for a highly motivated, committed and proactive
Collections Assistant (f/m), 100% to join us on 01.05.2021 or by arrangement.
We are offering an exciting position within the Heritage Team, which forms part of the Exhibitions & Heritage Division of the FIFA World Football Museum. You will be working as part of a dedicated and highly motivated team responsible for all the precious historical objects in the Museum collection as well as the Library/Archives and the Museum research facilities.
Your responsibilities in our Heritage Team
- Working closely with the FIFA Museum Collection. This includes taking part in conservation work as well as the handling and packaging of rare collection objects.
- Collecting and inputting data on objects in the collection into our Collections Management Database, MuseumPlus, and participating in the inventory of collection items.
- Supporting exhibition projects by providing information on objects in the collection and assisting in the preparation process.
- Participation in the Museum’s information service by researching and answering internal/external enquiries and by providing guidance and support in the Museum’s research facilities.
- Supporting the Museum’s Social Media activities by providing content and expertise on objects in the collection.
- Contributing to the Museum’s research activities.
- Degree in Museum Studies or other relevant subject
- Strong knowledge of the history of international football with particular emphasis on the history of the FIFA World Cup and the FIFA Women’s World Cup
- Excellent knowledge of English and German (written and spoken), knowledge of any other FIFA language (French and Spanish) would be an asset.
- Min. 3 years’ experience of working in a museum/archive environment.
- Strong communicator.
- Driven and self-motivated individual.
- Experience and know-how in the handling of museum collections and in preventive conservation.
- Experience in undertaking research and in public information work (answering enquiries to internal and external parties, providing guidance and support in research facilities).
- Interest in Social Media and the presentation of museum objects in the digital sphere.
- Previous experience of working with MuseumPlus would be beneficial.
You can look forward to a varied position in a lively environment. Don’t miss this opportunity to contribute to the success of the FIFA World Football Museum.
Want to find out more about this exciting role and join our team? Then apply online!
FIFA Museum AG, PO Box/Seestrasse 27, 8027 Zurich, Switzerland, www.fifamuseum.com
Only direct applications via the online application form can be considered (no agencies or applications via post).